Opportunities to officiate with referees from around the country while getting the invaluable feedback from the world-class training of the USAV National Training Team.
USAV to Offer Two Premier Referee Training Camps
Two Premier Referee Camps will be offered by USAV in 2015
Bill Thornburgh | Director | Indoor Referee Camps & Training
The first camp will take place at the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation (NCVF) tournament in Kansas City.
- Location | Bartle Hall Convention Center | Kansas City, MO 64105
- Arrival and pre-tournament meeting on April 8, 2015 at 7:30pm
- Camp competition days on April 9-10
- Departure on April 11 (at end of competition) – Recommended campers will referee on the final day for pay
The GJNC Premier Camp is full. No more applications are being taken at this time.
The second camp will take place at the Girls Junior National Championships (GJNC) in New Orleans. This will be a three-day camp prior to the Junior National Referee Candidates rating session.
- Location | Ernest N. Morial Convention Center | New Orleans, LA 70130
- Arrival and pre-tournament meeting on June 22, 2015
- Camp competition days from June 23-25
- Departure from camp after 5pm on June 25th (or attend JN candidate meeting later in the evening)
The registration fee for these USAV Premier Training Camps is $250*. Priority for campers at the NCVF camp will be given to any USAV national-level referees, as we anticipate that most campers will be candidates in New Orleans. All applicants for the GJNC training camp must have at minimum, a USAV Regional certification with Referee Chair recommendation, as we anticipate that most campers will be either existing Junior National referees, Junior National candidates in New Orleans, or looking to upgrade to a Junior National certification in the future.
- NCVF Campers will be responsible for their own travel costs. Meals and a portion of the lodging expenses will be paid for by NCVF during this two-day camp
- GJNC Campers will be responsible for their own travel costs, meals, and lodging expenses during this three-day camp
Based on the criteria above, acceptance for each camp is on a first-paid basis, so be sure to submit registration and fees in a timely manner. Prior attendance at a 2015 USAV National Referee Clinic and successful completion of the 2015 examination are requirements for camp applicants.
General camp structure:
- Campers will attend a classroom session the evening before the camp begins
- Campers will have evaluations as both first and second referee on competition days
- Campers will be debriefed, have the opportunity to discuss the matches, and ask questions of the USAV National Trainers
- Campers will have the opportunity to participate in other duties (line judging, scoring, observations, etc…)